Day 7: January 07, 2020
Turkey Taco Pizza with Cauliflower Crust
- CauliPower Cauliflower crust
- 1 lb ground turkey
- Low Sodium Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, chopped *optional*
- 1/4 cup salsa of your choice
- 1 cup Mexican Blend Cheese
- Cilantro for topping *optional*
- Preheat the oven as indicated on the Cauliflower Crust package
- In a pan over medium heat, spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray. Sautee the garlic, onion, and garlic.
- Once the garlic and onion are fragrant, add the jalapeno and cook for another minute.
- Add the ground turkey. To keep the ground turkey from drying out, sprinkle the packet of low sodium taco seasoning and add the salsa as the turkey is about cooked. A little pink with the turkey at this point but thats okay. The juices from the turkey, along with the salsa, will keep it moist. Cooking the turkey this way, the turkey will absorb all of the flavors in the pan.
- Once the turkey is cooked, reduce the heat to low, and let some of the liquid evaporate.
- Whent he mixture is thick, you can add it on to the cauliflower crust.
- Top the mixture with cheese, and bake for 12-15 mins.
- When the pizza comes out, sprinkle cilantro and dollop greek yogurt (both are optional).
- Double the topping and save half for another dish!
- Add spices, to spice it up as much as you want.
- Cayenne Pepper
- Chili Powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Chipotle Tabasco
- The possibilities are endless. Just be careful and keep in mind that the heat grows with every bite!
- Top with sour cream or, for added protein, greek yogurt!
- This not only adds creaminess and taste, it can also tame the spice a bit.